Questions for leaders
Jim Collins wrote about the need for leaders to look in the mirror, holding themselves accountable for the direction and culture of their organization. Robert Kaplan’s newest book, What to Ask the Person in the Mirror, lists questions for leaders to ask:
- Why did you choose this job?
- Does the way you spend your time match your key priorities?
- Do you coach and also solicit feedback from your key subordinates?
- Do you have a succession-planning process in place?
- If you had to design your company today with a clean sheet of paper, what would you change?
- Do you act as a role model?
- Are you reaching your potential and being true to yourself?
What other questions would you ask leaders? What other questions would you ask yourself?